Friday 18 February 2011

Folksy Friday - Needles and yarn at the ready!

If there's one craft that I'd love to be able to do, its knit. I've tried and tried and tried but the only thing I've managed to finish is a scarf and some fingerless gloves which were pretty much just rectangles of knit 1 row, purl 1 row etc. There's just something about yarn that inspires me, plus the fact that its a bit more portable than a sewing machine! I'll have another crack at it at some point, but for now I've gathered together just a small selection of the knitted goodies available on Folksy. Enjoy :)


And Other Stories Lynne's Pattern Parlour
Rachael's Special Lil Bits Uniquely Yours
NOfkantsCurios Jean's Natty Knits


Ok, so I snuck (sneaked?) a crocheted item in there, but it still counts! One of my missions this year is to learn how to crochet a granny square - so far my crochet adventures have been limited to amigurumi toys with varying degrees of success, although I have to say I'm pretty proud of the great white shark I made last year, if you're lucky I might just upload a photo of him at some point ;)

As always, click on the image to be taken to the item as listed on fabulous Folksy!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous treasury - thanks for including my hippo - she's one of my favourite creations. I love the knitted camera too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for including my radio,especially as you had to check out my shop,i just cant post pics on the forums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great selection, thank you for including my fingerless mitts. There are lots of crochet tutorials online I think, especially on YouTube. Be warned though, crochet is seriously addictive.
    I learned to do flowers from a blog tutorial a few months ago, now I`m addicted to them. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hippo is really cute!!!!

    Thank you so much for including my trio of coordinating mug cosies in your feature gallery, very kind of you.

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete