Wednesday 26 January 2011

Day trip to the Big Smoke

Not doing so well on my New Years Resolutions am I?! Things just keep getting in the way, despite my good intentions.

But anyways, now I've got 5 minutes I'll get this post up then on to some sewing!

On Monday we had a day trip to London for my Mum-in-Law's birthday. We hired some of the Barclays hire cycles (Boris Bikes) which was fun - if a little terrifying! (cycling round the capital's roads was a bit intimidating!)
Photo from here

We cycled for an hour then walked for the rest of the day - we saw Regent's Park, Camden Market (highly recommend the pie stall there - yummy!), Little Venice and Portobello Road before walking back to Waterloo. My legs are ACHING!!!!

We also passed the Portobello Road branch of the Hummingbird Bakery so I had to stop, obviously, I've got my first ever Red Velvet Cupcake waiting for me later, but for the time being feast your eyes on the adorable packaging!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie!

    You must of been so tired from all that cycling/walking. Wow I wish I had a red velvet cup cake right now..yummy!!!

    Thank you for commenting and following my blog : )

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete